A Fond Farewell...

Retirement notices from those that walked around the world of Norrath with you or before you.

Moderator: Nadia

Yellexin

A Fond Farewell...

Post by Yellexin » Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:09 PM

Rodcet Nife moved his bishop.
"Check!" he exclaimed.
Brell Serilis calmly stroked the whiskers on his chin and peered through twinkling eyes and bushy eyebrows at his deific friend.
Brell used his turn to castle his rook and king...putting his rook just where he had planned.
"Check and Mate, my friend."
"BAH and Pffftt!" Rodcet huffed, realizing he had been beaten again.

Suddenly, Rodcet cocked his head and seemed to be listening to a sound only he could hear.
"What is it?" Brell asked.
Rodcet replied "It seems as if one of my dearest followers is having a very bad time, very bad indeed."
"Anything you need help with?" Brell said with a grin.
"Not yet my friend, but this time I shall personally go."
Brell solemnly nodded. It wasn't often that Rodcet would become directly involved in the dealings of his followers. "I'll be around if you need me."
Rodcet nodded and faded from sight.

Yellexin, Macgarnacle, Marinoni, Xandara, Shtobywon, and Aurillius were all soaked with sweat and blood. Their fights with the denizens of Riftseekers finished for another day, they teleported to the Plane of Knowledge. "Thanks for the group today, Xan!" Macgarnacle said. "Always a pleasure to grind a few bad guys with friends!"
"Thanks for joining us! You too, Yell. Always a pleasure!" Xandara beamed, her smile and infectious good humor bringing a smile to Yellexin's sweat covered face. Yellexin bowed.
"The pleasure is all mine. Its a fine day when you can gather with friends and share good times." Yellexin saluted each member of the group in turn, ending with Aurillius. As the group disbanded, Yellexin spoke to Aurillius.
"Auri, before you go, do you mind porting me out to North Karana please?"
"Sure thing Yeller, be glad to. You ready?" Aurillius asked.
"Thank you for flying the friendly skies with Aurillius!" Yellexin joked.
Aurillius made an arcane gesture Yellexin had seen many times and the two disappeared from view.

The North Karana hills were just as Yellexin remembered. The tall grass waved in the wind like rolling swells of the sea. Springtime scents were heavy on the air with hundreds of types of trees, grasses, and flowers beginning to bloom and grow their foliage. Lions, griffins, and other wildlife were wandering the plains enjoying the warmth of spring.
"Anything else Yell?" Aurillius asked.
"Thanks bro, thats all for now. Be well Auri."
"You too man, be well." With that, Aurillius vanished from view, leaving Yellexin alone at the wizard spires.

Yellexin summoned his faithful war horse, Zipendiferous. "Lets ride Zippy!" Yellexin shouted. Zipendiferous responded by digging huge gouts into the earth with his hooves and the two sped away from the spires faster than all but the wind.

All the hills and trees, plains and valleys, animals and beasts, came and went from Yellexin's view as they sped on. "How intimidating this all once seemed." Yellexin mused. "As a youth, I so used to fear running from Qeynos to North Karana. So many dangers! The bandits, scarecrows, brigands, lions, crag spiders, and other nefarious beasts! So terrifying!"
Yellexin couldn't help but to laugh. Zippy slowed his pace, wondering at his masters change of mood. Yellexin pulled the reins and stopped Zippy near a ring of undead creatures. "How ironic! This is the very spot I met Melba and Damdor so many years ago! They were so kind and invited me into the Warriors of Wrath. They are such good people." Yellexin said to no one in particular. Yellexin hadn't seen them in two or more years, but they remained good friends nonetheless.

Yellexin petted the neck of Zippy. "Zippy old friend, I think it is time for you to serve another master." Zipendiferous turned his head to look at his master, not understanding. "My time on this world has come to an end. Even as my life here has been so rewarding, other realms are calling me, demanding my attention. I have such a limited time allotted to me in this life, and my Lord cautions me I should spend it well, and wisely." Tears began to roll down Yellexin's cheeks and he hugged the great neck of his charger. "Thank you my friend, for your unconditional trust and love. No finer horse has there ever been."
Zipendiferous nuzzled Yellexin's neck and then dropped to its' knees. If Yellexin didn't know any better, he would've sworn his horse had just bowed before him. Zipendiferous then rose and reared to his full height, hooves thrashing the air while whinnying loudly. The whinny resounded and echoed in the hills for what seemed minutes, but was only seconds. Zipendiferous then wheeled and ran full speed across the plains until he vanished on the horizon.

Just as Yellexin thought he was alone, he realized he was not. As Yellexin turned he realized who was standing behind him. "My Lord Rodcet!"
Yellexin spoke reverently. Yellexin kneeled before his deity.
"Arise, Yellexin Angelsword." Rodcet Nife commanded. "I have felt the heaviness in your heart for quite some time, my son. Do you believe it is truly time for you to go?"
Yellexin sighed, "Yes, my Lord. This realm has had its fill of me." Yellexin had a smile on his face that was reflected by Rodcet Nife.
"Hahaha! Indeed it has, indeed it has!" The laughing of a deity is a special thing to hear, for those of you that have never heard it.
"I dare say the Pyriliens will be grieving for months!" They both laughed and Yellexin felt thrilled to his core.
"It is time for me to go, my Lord." Yellexin said solemnly. "There are other realms that require my presence."
"Indeed, indeed Yellexin. I understand." Rodcet nodded.
"My Lord, could I beg of thee a boon before I leave this world?" Yellexin asked.
"A boon, eh? Let us hear what boon you would ask of your Lord." Rodcet boomed.
"Only this...that my brothers, sisters, and friends of this realm have something grand to remember me by, that they will be reminded of the good times and fellowship we shared."
A figure coalesced into being at Rodcet's side and Yellexin began to draw his sword.
"Be still Yellexin. Tis but a friend of mine, sticking his nose into my business yet again."
"Lord Serilis!" Yellexin exclaimed, hastily kneeling.
"Bedrat and bebother with that kneeling business!" Brell Serilis bristled."
"Did you hear Yellexin's request, my good friend Brell?"
"Aye, I did...and I have a grand idea." Brell replied with a wink towards Yellexin.
"Thank you both, my Lords. I shall always keep a portion of my spirit tied to this realm. This is a special place. It has granted me solace when nothing else could and I expect it continues to do so for many others. I will walk my way to Kithicor and make my final camp site there. Perhaps a weary adventurer will stumble upon me there and I can render aid, before I depart for good." Yellexin said.
Yellexin bowed to Brell Serilis and then impulsively hugged Rodcet Nife.
"Fare thee well my Lords. Keep close watch on my brethren in Sojourners and Warriors of Wrath. I will miss them so." With that Yellexin adjusted his belongings and began the long walk to Kithicor

Rodcet and Brell watched until Yellexin had walked out of sight. Rodcet spoke first.
"There goes one the likes of we shall not see again. Now what did you have in mind, my mischievious friend? What is this grand idea you have?" Rodcet smirked.
"Come with me Rodcet." Brell replied. With a wave of Brell's hand, they both disappeared.

That evening Muldari found two notes in the Guild Hall. One was written in Yellexin's spidery text and one was from a much more graceful hand. Yellexin's note was shared with the guild members of Sojourners. Some voiced they were glad to see him go. Others reflected on the good times they had shared with the boisterous paladin and said nothing. A few wept openly and yearned for times that should have been, but never would be.
The elegantly written note was short and to the point. It said "Gather in Kithicor this night and look to the northern sky."
...Rodcet Nife and Brell Serilis

Word was passed and so they gathered. More than a hundred members of Sojourners and Warriors of Wrath gathered inside Kithicor near the entrance from the East Commonlands. As the sun set and darkness fell, the stars began to brighten. Kalohe exclaimed, "I've never seen those stars before." pointing to the northern sky. All eyes gazed north and a new constellation was plain to see. A knightly figure on horseback figured prominently in the apex of the northern sky. A burning sword made of many stars blazed in one hand and a glowing shield was in the other. Above the constellation, outlined in bluish-white stars was the word "Sojourners". Under the constellation outlined in yellowish stars were the words "Warriors of Wrath". Everyone was silent and awestruck at the spectacle they beheld. Someone in the throng of people cried, some others hugged. Grogers shouted "Look at the constellation! Its pointing the way out!" All eyes returned to the heavens and saw the knight on horseback pivot and point with its fiery sword towards the path leading to the East Commonlands.

And thus it came to pass that weary travelers passing through the dangerous Kithicor Forest were able to pass mostly unharmed at night by following the guiding light and direction provided by the Lords Rodcet Nife and Brell Serilis.

Its been more a month or so since I was last on line and my subscription expired. I thought I'd see how the retirement was going before I posted here. The 5+ years I spent on EQ I do not regret at all. I have many fond memories that I will cherish for many years to come. I began my guilding with the Protectors of Norrath (WAY back in the day on Brell...), then moved to the Warriors of Wrath when the "Big Exodus" happened. I eventually lead the Warriors of Wrath for 2ish years and those were some of my most challenging, and fun, years in EQ. I finished EQ as a PROUD Paladin of Sojourners.

Anytime you can bring together 54 to 72 people and accomplish the things we did in Sojourners...with the fun and respect for each other we had...nothing in EQ compares. So many diverse people and personalities, all banding together to accomplish common goals.

To all of the friends I made during the years I spent on EQ....you will always live on. Even after you have stopped playing and RL has taken over you as well, you will live on in my heart and soul. I shall not forget you. Be well, Warriors and Sojourners, and friends...

Yellexin Angelsword
aka Bill Sanderford
Still Guarding the Icechest
Proud Paladin of Sojourners

Krozzon
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Krozzon » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:01 AM

Good luck in the retired world bro.. It was a pleaseure to be guilded with you and wish you nothing but happiness in the future.

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:43 AM

be safe hun it was a pleasure knowing you
I retired as of last friday myself
time to get back to real life
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist
CoV and Coldain Faction Maxed
Flagged for Time, Qvic and Txevu

vilawar

Post by vilawar » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:18 AM

i still feel urges to come back from time to time and beat up stuff but seems like so many people i played with all are quiting not sure even worth it to come back always had a blast with ya yellx back in the days good luck real life and women are teh fun

and sal not you to :cry:

Tzarm

Post by Tzarm » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:40 PM

Gonna miss ya Yell, good times we had in the past

/salute

Menerwen

Post by Menerwen » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:57 PM

Was an honor to have ran into you in game, take care sir orange julius.

writher
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by writher » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:37 PM

So long Yellexin. Was good to be guilded with you even for a short period of time.

Skewert
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Skewert » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:38 AM

You were always very friendly and welcoming with me Yellexin, and I always appreciated that, and you made me feel special, like I was important. I'm sure you made a lot of people feel that way. Though we didn't know each other too well, you were definitely on my A list of good people in the game. I'm sure you'll do just fine post-EQ, hope you enjoyed the ride =)
Soulrot Umbrafiend
70 Necro
Skewert
68 Rogue

Dari

Post by Dari » Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:46 AM

You are one of the finest and most honorable people I've ever had the pleasure to know in this realm, Yellexin. You are missed terribly on raids-no one can match your longass and creative pull messages! I hope you find happiness and peace on whatever path you walk, my friend. Take care of yourself.
*hugs*

bahccster

Post by bahccster » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:39 AM

Had some of my best times in the game with you bud. Welcome to retirement.

Bahccus
The Bahccster's Stuff, Touch it you know you want to
For the love of god Give me a beer
Member of Alarius

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:07 PM

psst yellexin you have to come back, I am recruiting with sojo /wink
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist

Edar Edar Edar

Post by Edar Edar Edar » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:50 AM

Take care Yell, it's been a pleasure over the years.

Edar Nukington
<Silent Redemption>

Exuo

Post by Exuo » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:31 AM

By definition of a Shadow Knight, we where never to acknowledge the existance of a Paladin, unless it where to kill one, let alone befriend one.

Some rules where meant to be broken.

Be well my friend.

Exuo

"The Retired Orange Arms Ogre"

Gref

Post by Gref » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:05 AM

so much for retirement :lol: :lol:

Welcome Back!!

Skewert
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Skewert » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:23 AM

Gref wrote:so much for retirement :lol: :lol:

Welcome Back!!
LOL, that's funny, apparently rehab failed you! =) Assuming this means Yell is playing again =)
Soulrot Umbrafiend
70 Necro
Skewert
68 Rogue

Dari

Post by Dari » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:47 AM

Yup. He's baaaaaaack! :lol:

JecksS

Post by JecksS » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 AM

Welcome back bro =). Didnt actually even see your retirement post till today not being on brell anymore and all, and was just about to post a good bye when I scrolled down seeing that you didnt leave =). Shoot me a tell sometime at tunare.jecks and we talk, havent seen ya in a long time. We used to have great fun with our HoT ToV runs during velious era and then BoT grps when PoP came out hehe. Btw, hey dari /hug /lick how ya been =). Send me a tell during raid hours, im always on during raid time still~ =D!
70 Earthguard Jecks Shadowleaf
Proud Member of Dai Shan
Tunare (Formerly of Brell)
Team Hate 2.0

salomeasillverfrost
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by salomeasillverfrost » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:36 PM

he couldnt stay away from me /wink jk
Salomea Silversong
Lvl 70 Arcanist