anyone out here who play ddr

Non-Everquest related discussion.

Moderator: Nadia

gatorrade
Adventurer of Underfoot

anyone out here who play ddr

Post by gatorrade » Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:24 AM

yeah thats right :) who here besides me play ddr .
#$%& you .....Gator

Zawoowoo

Post by Zawoowoo » Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:18 PM

I play DDR, i am not to bad, whats your favorite song? I like dropout on the second American CD, on trick, on hard that song is brutal

Ozzy Ozmenn

Post by Ozzy Ozmenn » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:16 AM

I just got started onto DDR about a month ago, I have a DDR Max 2 near where I live thats only 50 cents a play for 3 songs. I am just getting to the point I can do 5 steps on standard mode. I like to dance to Afronova, Drop the bomb and End of Century. I am just getting to the point I can do eigth notes. I love that damn game.
65 Enchanter on the Brell server
Guild member of Sojourners
Check out Ozmenn's fine threads!

Rennal

Post by Rennal » Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:31 AM

I play DDR max, i like it, recently built a metal pad for ddr max in my house, its awesome

Wykkyd
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Wykkyd » Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:55 PM

best work out ever
Wykkyd Wraithfyre

"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets oral sex, no matter how bad it is."

-Barbara Bush (Former US First Lady, and you didn't think Barbara had a sense of humor)

Talan Stoneheart

Post by Talan Stoneheart » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:58 PM

God I hate that game, heh. I guess its because I could never do it very well. /shrug

Thorg Frostfist
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Thorg Frostfist » Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:44 PM

Wykkyd wrote:best work out ever
I agree. I know some kid who lost 50 pounds in 5 months playing. It also has improved my cardiovascular endurance greatly, and made my calvs explode. I started playing this game in late april. I also built a metal pad for my house, but I still blow at least 20$ a week at the arcade. It's quite fun. My favorite songs are rythem and police, freckles, max 300, burnin heat and healing vision angellic mix. I can do pretty much any songs except the 10 footers. My local arcade just upgraded from Max2 to extreme.
Thorg Frostfist
60th Season Shaman
Lodge of the Dragon's Claw
**Retired**

Flubbin Mcnuggets

Post by Flubbin Mcnuggets » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:54 PM

I love DDR Paranoia Rebirth/remix are where its at :)
Flubbin Mcnuggets
70 Cleric of Brell
<Watchers Wannabe>

Tzym Kel`Korath

Post by Tzym Kel`Korath » Fri Sep 05, 2003 9:53 PM

Dude, you can beat Max 300? That shit is insane. A friend and I tried cheating by each pressing two of the steps over and over, but our arms get tired to fast to be able to finish the song while cheating. I need to start practicing more.

Oh, btw... how often did your friend play to lose 50lbs? Sounds like a fun way to lose weight.

Gollaiel

I do

Post by Gollaiel » Tue Sep 09, 2003 9:20 PM

I play ddr. I have been paying for 2 months. I have it for y ps1. I have Konamix. Highest I have done is a 6 footer.[/b]
The future is the past reborn

Thorg Frostfist
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Thorg Frostfist » Sat Sep 20, 2003 8:47 AM

Tzym Kel`Korath wrote:Dude, you can beat Max 300? That shit is insane. A friend and I tried cheating by each pressing two of the steps over and over, but our arms get tired to fast to be able to finish the song while cheating. I need to start practicing more.

Oh, btw... how often did your friend play to lose 50lbs? Sounds like a fun way to lose weight.
Yes, I can beat Max 300, barely though, best I've got was a C, and I need the bar. What do you mean your arms got tired.... do you mean your legs? You each took two arrows? Yeah, you gotto build up stamina for that song... what I did was just play 9 footers over and over for like 4 hours straight for a week or so. My friend who lost 50 pounds played about 6 - 8 hours a week between home and the arcade. Tryin to pass Bag now, that song is freaky.
Thorg Frostfist
60th Season Shaman
**Retired**

Crackercrumbsbrell

Post by Crackercrumbsbrell » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:20 PM

ddr...might that be the arcade game in the arcade that attracts all the spooky kids so they can come show off their extreme body odor in front of their "girlfriends"...yeah I've heard of it

I don't play it because I suck at it...prolly why I don't like it, although I enjoy watching people who are good play it.

Thorg Frostfist
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Thorg Frostfist » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:30 PM

Crackercrumbsbrell wrote:ddr...might that be the arcade game in the arcade that attracts all the spooky kids so they can come show off their extreme body odor in front of their "girlfriends"...yeah I've heard of it

I don't play it because I suck at it...prolly why I don't like it, although I enjoy watching people who are good play it.
Actually, my girlfriend got me into the game, heh.
Thorg Frostfist
60th Season Shaman
**Retired**

Tzym Kel`Korath

Post by Tzym Kel`Korath » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:14 PM

No no no... we each got down on our knees and repeatedly slapped the arrows as fast as we could so we could beat the song.. but our arms got to tired before the song finished. I can now beat it, though on light mode :) with a D, but it sound like you mean on heavy, since you can beat 9 foot songs.

A_Board_Lurker_01

Post by A_Board_Lurker_01 » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:03 PM

FLASH FLASH REVOLUTION!!!!

Now you can play DDR on your computer and wear out your fingers!!

Amano Jyaku
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Amano Jyaku » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:46 AM

I finslly got on the DDR bandwagon about 2 weeks ago. Had been thinking about getting it for quite some time and finally threw down the cash for DDRMAX2 and a RedOctane Ignition 2.0 Pad which is the top of the line non-metal dance pad. Well now I'm completely hooked. =P I play several hours a day. I've barely played EQ in the last 2 weeks now cause of this damn game. I posted on my guild board last night that I hadn't been on in 2 weeks cause of DDR and they all think I'm weird =P They don't understand how damn addicting this game is.

As far as what I can do, well like I said I just got it a lil less than 2 weeks ago so I'm not great yet. I just got through my first challenge song last night which I was pretty proud of :) But aside from the challenge songs and that one damn impossible red one, I've gone through all of them on light and am working my way through them again on standard.

-Amano

Thorg Frostfist
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Thorg Frostfist » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:56 AM

Yeah, another one joins the cult! The great thing about this game, is not only is it very fun, but it's extremely healty as well, I must be burning about 5,000 calories or something if I play for long enough on heavy. Max 300 has a peak of 8 steps per second. My cardiovascular endurance has improved a ton after this game. You guys should hit up the arcade sometime, metal pads are 10X better than soft ones.
Thorg Frostfist
60th Season Shaman
**Retired**

israfels
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by israfels » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:37 PM

I love doing stomp to my beats, and butterfly.... paranoia is ok too :)
Israfel
Maestro

Tilin

Post by Tilin » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:37 AM

How are metal pads better than soft ones? Soft ones are easier to move fast on, the hard one has an uneven surface so your feet hit the sides and #$%& you up.
Tilin Skulcrusher
61 Warrior
Legacy of the Forgotten
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=712424 weee

Thorg Frostfist
Adventurer of Underfoot

Post by Thorg Frostfist » Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:42 PM

Hard ones are better because they don't wear out nearly as fast as soft pads, you can wear shoes on them, and therefore move around much quicker. Soft pads have give, so it's harder to push right off and move your foot to the next arrow right away if you need to, they absorb some of the step. Metal pads, with shoes on, you can just push right off of and move to the next step. As for pad life, the last soft pad I had lasted a month, the good ones will last a few months. Metal pads will last a year or longer if you take good care of them.
Thorg Frostfist
60th Season Shaman
**Retired**